1.1 Cookies we issue on our Website When you connect to
1.2 What are “cookies”?ourWebsite,, depending on the choice you make, install different cookies on your terminal, which enable us to recognize your Terminal’s browser during the period in which the cookie concerned is valid.
The purpose of the cookies we issue is to:
• Compile statistics and volumes of traffic and use of the various components of our Website (the sections and content visited, click trails etc.), allowing us to improve the attractiveness and ergonomics of our services;
• Enable you to or make it easier for you to browse our Website, or to provide you with the online communication services you request while browsing;
• Adapt the presentation of our Website to your Terminal’s display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our Website, according to the materials and viewing or reading software your Terminal supports;
• Remember the information on a form you completed on our Website (registration or access to your account) or on products, services, or information you selected on our Website (subscribed service, wish lists, etc.);
• Enable you to access the private and personal areas on our Website, such as your account, using the identifiers or data you may have entrusted to us previously;
• Implement security measures, for example when you are asked to reconnect to content or services after the page has timed out.
1.3 Cookies issued on our Website by third parties
1.3.1 Cookies issued by third-party applications integrated on our Website
We may include third-party applications on our Website, which enable you to share content from our Website with other people or to inform them of your browsing or opinion of our website's content. This particularly concerns the “share” or “like” buttons on social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Weibo, “Wechat” etc.). The social network supplying this application button can identify you via this button, even if you did not use this button while browsing our Website. This type of application button enables the social network concerned to monitor your browsing on our Website if your social network account was activated on your Terminal (open session) while browsing our Website.
We have no control over the process social networks use to gather information on your browsing our Website, and which is associated with the personal data they possess. Please consult the privacy protection policies of the social networks concerned to be aware of their purposes, in particular, advertising, for which the browsing information they may gather via these application buttons is used. These protection policies must permit you to exercise your options with these social networks, particularly by configuring your user accounts with each of these networks.
1.3.2 Targeted advertising cookies issued on www.mrsmithparis.com by third-parties
The www.mrsmithparis.com website may contain cookies issued by third parties (communication agencies, audience measurement companies, targeted advertising service providers, etc.), which enable them, while the cookies are valid:
- to collect browsing information on the Terminals visiting our Website
- to determine the advertising content for product and/or service promotion exclusively proposed on www.mrsmithparis.com that is likely to match with the areas of interest deduced fromprevious browsing on the terminal concerned
1.4 What is the point of displaying advertisements suited to your browsing?
Our goal is to present you with the most relevant advertisements possible. For this purpose, cookie technology allows us to determine, in real time, which advertisement to display on a Terminal, depending on recent browsing on one or more websites or applications. Your interest in advertising content displayed on your Terminal when you browse a website often determines its advertising resources, allowing it to use those services, often provided to users freely. Undoubtedly, you would prefer to see advertisements that correspond with what interests you rather than advertisements in which you are not interested at all.
1.4 Your choices concerning cookies
You can decide at any moment to express and modify your wishes regarding cookies, through the means described below.
1.4.1 Options provided by your Internet browser
You can configure your browsing software to install cookies on your Terminal, or alternatively to reject them either systematically or according to their issuer. You can also configure your browsing software to accept or refuse occasional cookies before they can be stored on your terminal. For more information, view the “How to make a decision depending on the browser you use” section.
(a) Accepting cookies
Storing cookies on a Terminal is essentially subject to the choices of the Terminal’s user, who can express and modify these wishes freely and at any time through the options provided by his/her Internet browser. If you have agreed in your browsing software to cookies being stored on your Terminal, the cookies integrated into the pages and content you consult can be temporarily stored in a dedicated area on your Terminal, where they will only be readable by the issuer.
(b) Refusing cookies
If you refuse to allow cookies to be stored on your Terminal, or if you delete cookies that have been stored, you will cease to benefit from a certain number features which are necessary for browsing certain areas of our Website. For instance, this would be the case if you tried to access our content or services which require you to identify yourself, or if we, or our service providers, could not recognize, for technical compatibility reasons, the type of browser used by your terminal, its language and display settings, or the country from which your terminal appears to be connected.
We, therefore dismiss all liability for the consequences related to the reduced functioning of our services resulting from MR SMITH PARIS’S incapability to store or consult the cookies required for them to function and which you may have refused or deleted.
(c) How to make a decision depending on the browser you use
Each browser is configured differently to manage cookies and your choices. Your browser’s help menu describes this configuration and will indicate to you how to modify your choices in terms of cookie use.
- For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For Safari™: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
- For Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- For FirefoxTM: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html, etc.
1.4.2 Flash© cookies from Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player™ is a computer application that allows for the quick development of dynamic content, using the Flash computer language. Flash (and similar applications) memorizes the settings, preferences, and use of this content through a technology similar to cookies. However, Adobe Flash Player™ manages this information and your choices via a different interface than that which is provided by your browsing software. So long as your terminal can view content developed with Flash language, you should access your Flash cookie management tools directly at http://www.adobe.com.
1.5. If you share your terminal with other people
If your Terminal is used by several people or if it has several browsers, we cannot be certain that the services and advertisements intended for your Terminal will correspond to your own use of this Terminal and not to another user.
Thus, sharing your terminal with other people and the configuration of your browser’s cookie settings is something you do freely and is your responsibility entirely. For more information on cookies and their use, the Visitor can consult the French National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties’ file at the following website: http://www.cnil.fr.